Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Traditions - Old and New

For the past 5 years my family has been "isolationist" about our Thanksgiving celebrations.  Most other holidays are working holidays, but Thanksgiving there are no services to prepare for or recover from, its just about us and being together.  So normally we have stayed home, cooked, played games, made crafts and just relaxed.  This year my extended family is gathering in Ames and many cousins that my kids haven't met are going to be there, so we are going down to be a part of the party.  For my kids this is a big change, and they aren't so happy with the change.  But as important as our nuclear family time is, I also want my kids to feel a connection to their larger family.  So we are breaking with tradition for a good cause.  Traditions are good and yet sometimes need to be broken.  

What traditions are you keeping this year?  What are you breaking?
What new traditions are you creating?

Have a blessed THanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment